Monday, October 13, 2008

First Post

Well I am teaching the robot sumo unit again and have decided to produce a teacher entry into the sumo competition. My students have asked that I blog and discuss my robot the same as them so that we are all on a level playing field so here is my blog.

I have just done the paperwork for this assignment. It took about 35 minutes so asking my students to do it in two periods is not too arduous a task.
Here is the way I am thinking at the moment. I am planning on a wedge shaped robot that is low to the ground. I would like to get all three motors driving forward but not sure how the robot will steer if this is the case. I'm looking forward to dusting off the old NXT kitset and starting to build. From memory building using these posts and beams was quite a different mindset and I have been building using blocks with the kids heaps lately.

No comments: